Tilda Post

I'm Alive, Yes. Thank you for all those who were conscerned.
Just busy with life. Not making excuses, but with an energetic 5 yr old and a 1 yr old that just learned to walk, well, I have my hands full, most of the time.
They don't like to stay caged for too long. :-)




So my crafting has been put on the back burner. Until recently.
This past weekend I had the chance to finally sit down and do something.

I had been wanting to pretty up my checkbook (CB) cover for sometime, but just didn't know how.
Well, I have been on a Magnolia Tilda Stamp kick recently so I decided I would do something with my favorite stamp, Party Princess Tilda. I colored her with CTMH watercolor pencils and blended it with the CTMH blender pen.

Once I had the image colored, I knew what colors to work with.
I chose a light weight patterned paper to add to the CB cover.
Primarily so that it could bend and open easier. I don't think Cardstock or heavy duty patterned paper would work here.


Using Mod Podge, I sponged it on the CB cover using a make up sponge. This is because the Modge Podge can make the paper bubble up and if you smooth it out with the sponge on both the cover and the paper, it is a smooth finish.



You can see how it still has some bubbles toward the center. Just use the makeup sponge and press down toward the edge of the CB cover. It'll flatten it out.

Next I inked some of my Roses and Made a couple of Stick Pins. I added this beautiful lace flowers I got from Joann's Fabrics and topped it with lavender pearl dots. A couple of bling here and there, and Presto! She's done!



 Thanks for Looking!
ALI



Comments

  1. WOW - this is lovely - what a great idea, I would never have thought of covering something like that. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment